Friday, May 11, 2012

Home owners??

Here at sit at work again.  Feels as if this is all I do. The nights are slow, but for some odd reason this one feels faster. I am hanging out with a lady who I used to work with on my other floor and I enjoy her so much.  She is the proud mother of four and fun to talk to. 

Today has been slightly eventful for my husband and I.  We were at my Dad's house not long ago and he mentioned the house 3 down from him was for sale.  Now...this neighborhood is AMAZING! (Yes, it deserves all caps.) It is an old established neighborhood in the historic district and the houses sell a good 200-300 thousand over what we can afford. We could never afford that on a regular basis, but it is our dream to end up there. The great part that happened today is a house came up for sell unexpectedly that is below our price range.  It's so cute and lovely and needs a ton of work! It's by far and away my dream house!!! I want a home where we can rip down walls and put them up exactly as we choose.  It isn't a big house and we may not be able to stay in it forever, but it would be perfect to start a family in.  Also, it would give us awesome equity and a huge leg up when selling later. We have met the owner and he knows my Dad which is a huge bonus for us. We also have an in with a realtor and mortgage person and we are looking into it heavily tomorrow (well today).  I'm so giddy I can't hardly breathe; much less sit still and patient here at work. I will keep you posted and have before pics as soon as we decide if we are going through with this or not.


Okay, so you may be sitting there scratching your head and wondering if I truly want to live that close to my father. I do!!! Ya, I'm that excited about the prospect. I mean think about it. Babysitter right down the street, I get to see him even on the days he has stinkin' school, and I can feel safe even if my husband is deployed. There will always be someone to open a pickle jar.  ::sigh:: I might be dreaming, but they are not meddlesome people and will probably be more annoyed with us then we could ever be of them.  Total bonus...my Step-Mom LOVES yard work and I swear I could talk her into ours, inserts happy dance here. 

It could all be a pipe dream, but we have been praying for the Lord to show us our next move and what he wants for us and the way this is playing out feels like Him. We will continue to pray and, hopefully, make smart decisions. I can't wait to see what happens!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home